Wednesday 12 December 2012

Working with Gemstones

Wow, I am terrible at keeping this blog up to date.  Hopefully I will get better at it with time.  Anyway Christmas is fast approaching and although I made a few sales during craftfest things have been quiet since.  Yet, despite this I can't help buying new supplies, mostly genuine gemstones. 

For the last year and a bit all my jewellery has been made from glass or plastic beads which creates beautiful yet low cost jewellery but I've been looking at a way to up my game lately.  After watching Jewellery Maker (and enjoying a couple of glasses of wine) I found myself making 2 purchases and now I have some beautiful agate, haematite and shell beads to work with.  I also searched through my stash and discovered the genuine turquoise gemstone beads I had purchased months ago.  At the moment I am still experimenting with the beads I purchased from Jewellery Maker, but I have made some beautiful necklaces using the turquoise beads teams glass pearls.



Both these necklaces are available in my online shop http://folksy.com/shops/CassiaCreations.  Hopefully you'll see some jewellery made with my Jewellery Maker beads on there soon too.


No comments:

Post a Comment