Sunday 9 November 2014

My 5 Favourite Jewellery Maker Gemstone Strands - #Blog2Win

My 5 Favourite Jewellery Maker Gemstone Strands




Yay!  Jewellery Maker are doing another #Blog2Win competition!!  I entered last time, but didn't win :( I did, however, have great fun choosing the gemstones and writing the blog, so I thought I'd give it another go.

For those of you who have never heard of Jewellery Maker, their website tells us that it was founded in 2010 and is part of The Genuine Gemstone Company - a family run business.  It provides value for money, ethically sourced, excellent quality genuine gemstones, as well as all the other necessary tools and accessories for so many different mediums of jewellery making.

As it currently stands there are 185 pages of gemstones on the Jewellery Maker website!!  It's going to be a difficult task choosing only 5 strands, be here goes (in no particular order) .......

Number 1 - 65cts Multi-Colour Moonstone Graduated Faceted Marquises



Multi-Colour Moonstone JM Web Page


I spotted these a while ago on the JM website and fell in love with them instantly.  Then I saw them on the live show and 'WOW' they were stunning!!  I can't remember who presented them but she held it up to her neckline and I was blown away. They were even more beautiful than on the website which means if I were to see them in natural light (not the harsh studio lights) they would be 100 times better again.

If I had this strand I would have to leave it as it is.  Just re-strand it and wear as a necklace.  It would also be for myself.  There is no way I would want to sell it.


Price (at time of writing) : £24.95
Bead Size: 10x5 to 15x7 cm
Strand Length: 18cm
Online Rating: 5/5




Number 2 - 250cts Lapis Lazuli Graduated Faceted Pears


Lapis Lazuli JM Web Page

Lapis Lazuli is my favourite gemstone.  I've always loved the history of Ancient Eygpt and Lapis Lazuli was a revered gemstone during that era.  It is featured in Tutankhamun's burial mask.

Usually when I see Lapis Lazuli it is unfaceted and therefore looks like a quite casual gemstone.  One you can wear day to day just to work or the shops but these, being faceted, look so much more glamorous. I'd love to use a strand of gold coated graduated faceted rounds as spacers to make a very sparkly glamorous necklace.  Perfect with a dark blue ball gown.


Price (at time of writing): £34.95
Bead Size: 15x12 to 30x18 cm
Strand Length: 15cm
Online Rating: 5/5




Number 3 -255cts Citrine Graduated Faceted Elongated Pears




Citrine is one of my birthstones.  I think I'm pretty lucky to have both Citrine and Topaz as my birthstone. Both of them are absolute stunning gemstones in every form I have seen them in and both of them come in my favourite colour - yellow. 
I particularly like this strand as there are so many different tones of yellow in each stone.   Again, I would be tempted just to re-strand this, however, that big stone in the centre is divine and I think it would look absolutely stunning as a single pendant.  


Price (at time of writing): £44.95
Bead Size: 18x12 to 28x17 cm
Strand Length: 16cm
Online Rating: N/A




Number 4 - 255cts Blue Chalcedony Graduated Faceted Elongated Drops



This is a gemstone I have no experience with.  I have never seen a strand in person, only on JM.  The majority of what I have seen has been a lovely milky blue but these, although they retain a little milkiness, are a gorgeous intense blue.  

The smallest on this strand would make stunning luxury drop earrings and the rest could be used to make multiple single strand necklace.  I would also be tempted to make a necklace using a large drop in the middle with two slightly smaller drops either side of it.  It's just as shame that while I've been writing this blog they have gone out of stock :(


Price (at time of writing): Out of Stock
Bead Size: 14 to 22 cm
Strand Length: 15cm
Online Rating:5/5




Number 5 - 110cts Multi-Colour Onyx Graduated Plain Elongated Pears



Whenever I picture onyx it is always the black variety so I was amazed when I found these.  I love the banding and the fact that the stand isn't symmetrical.  The alternating colours give a beautiful effect. I particularly like the fact the the small stones are almost complete opposites.  I know, however, that each stand will vary.

If I were to order this strand and be lucky enough to receive one just like the strand pictured then I would just simply re-strand it.  (How boring am I being? Just opting to re-strand everything!!) I think it would make a beautiful surfer-esque necklace.

Price (at time of writing): £9.95
Bead Size: 18x9 to 34x14 cm
Strand Length: 8 cm
Online Rating:5/5




___________


I hope you've enjoyed reading my #Blog2Win entry as much as I've enjoyed writing it.  Again, I was able to peruse the Jewellery Maker website, guilty free in the knowledge that it was for research purposes.   When the other half spotted me and complained that I already had 'way too many' gemstone strands, Jewellery Maker had given me the perfect excuse to get him off my back :) 
"Don't worry, I'm not buying anything, honestly.  It's for a competition.  I might even win a strand"

He doesn't need to know I also added many products to my basket and accidentally purchased them ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment