Sunday 23 November 2014

Remembering Maple

Jewellery making has been put on the back burner the last few weeks and it may be quiet for a little while longer.  I was pretty busy in the lead up to my birthday (17th) and my mother took me away to Budapest to celebrate. When I arrived home one of my cats was behaving strangely and started drooling. Within a few hours she had a terrible seizure.  I rushed straight to the vets where she received treatment for the next few days before sadly passing away in the early hours of Friday morning.

She was only four and barely left the house but somehow during one short venture out the back door she ingested something she shouldn't have. Of my three cats, she spent the least time outdoors. She wouldn't even eat fresh salmon my dad gave her as a treat yet she must have eaten something she found outdoors.  I am absolutely devastated. 

She was such a personality. She enjoyed snuggling up to me or waking me up with her affectionate headbuts.  She had the most adorable little meow, always greeting me in the morning or when I came home from work. And, despite being a pain in the butt when it came to de-fleaing, her grunts and growls to show how displeased she was were very cute. She will be sadly missed.


My gorgeous Maple. 
Tiny, sweet and incredibly fluffy.


The three amigos with my classroom cat, Cadi.
The real cats, from left to right, Cassia, Maple and Willow.

No comments:

Post a Comment