Friday 13 June 2014

Hiatus

Well 2013 was a bit of a dry year on my blogging front, but to be honest it was a bit of a dry year on my jewellery making front too, since I was busy planning for and moving too Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam!!



However, now the adventure is coming to an end and I will be home in two months, so I decided this was a good time to start getting my blog up and running again.

Over the past year I've had a lot of time to think about my jewellery making and my business.  Since arriving in HCMC I haven't made a single piece of jewellery, but I haven't stopped thinking about it or having ideas and this has taught me that it isn't a fad.  I thought by now I would have long forgotten about jewellery making but despite not making a single piece I have still spent a number of hours each week in that world. I've either been browsing pinterest, watching Jewellery Maker, reading jewellery related articles, designing pieces or thinking how I can improve on my business.  Jewellery making has clearly become a steady part of my life.

So, over the next few weeks (while I prepare to return to the UK) I plan to write a few posts to share what I love about jewellery making.  I'm also planning on discussing some of my business ideas.  I'd also love to hear some hints and tips from other people who also own small online business.  It would be great to find out what works well for other sellers and combine a list to help other business grow too.

No comments:

Post a Comment